Tuesday, April 29, 2014

White Stripes


Hello everyone, I'm not dead, just busy. It's been almost a month since my last post and I'm pretty sure I was all "I'm going to post more often now" in the last one...whoops.

Anyways, I'm hoping things will have died down for May since April was pretty much a write off. Work was hectic and I experienced a few personal matters during that time that I won't bore you with, but I feel like I might have a second wind. School starts again for me next week, so I'm sort of looking forward to that. The summer session is a perfect time to take courses. The semester is shorter so that's good, but because of that, it might be a bit hectic. It finishes in June though so I will still get to enjoy at least part of my summer.

Speaking of warmer weather, it really doesn't even feel like spring yet. Canada doesn't get a real spring, ya know? Where it's like 17 degrees out, and sort of sunny, and you can get away with being outside with no jacket on at lunch time. No...we don't have that. We have Winter 2, where it's still freezing outside and going out bare legged is just asking for trouble. Yes, I realize that this is a stereotype, but it's the truth.


I wanted to maybe feel a bit more springy by wearing white. This effect is totally lost when you're wearing a super dark cardigan and black tights though. The dress is very comfortable and it's got pockets. Even though it's lined, it's still quite see-through. This isn't an issue now since, you know, tights, but come that 3 month period when we have a summer, this might be a bit of an issue. I hate slips with a passion but I think I might have to wear one with this dress.



Man...my floor is really scratched. I really do need to find a better space to take these photos. I've always thought about taking them outside but I feel kind of odd doing it, especially since I'm on my own with a tripod. How do you get past that initial felling of people watching you?  Does it ever really go away?

White Dress: Gap
Blue polka dot cardigan: Forever 21
Tights: Urban Outfitters
Stripe shoes: Payless

~Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment