Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Stripes and Dots 2.0



I realize I didn't post anything for St-Patrick's day, but when I got home, I noticed the battery on the camera was dead. I know this might come as a  shock but I wore green!  I'd like to think not in a way that was over kill or tacky though. Since it was another holiday, the social committee at work threw another shindig full of snacks. A friend and I decided that since it was probably going to be all sugar, we'd provide something salty. I just brought Triscuts and cheese, since I sort of forgot to prepare anything in advance. Brie: the life saver of parties. Anyways, I had grabbed a bunch of left over cake and brought it home for Dave.I was a genius and left the plastic container on the coffee table instead of putting it away after  he and I had a slice, right at Tengen's mouth level.  So the next day, she had managed to scarf down chocolate and vanilla cake in the 15 minutes where Dave left for school and I came home from work.  There was a slightly chewed up container on the floor and crumbs all over the carpet. Her breath still smelled like cake. I know she's a smart dog but I honestly didn't think she would go for the plastic container. She had a bit of an upset stomach, which resulted in her puking on our bed at 12 am, but otherwise she is fine, which is all that matters.

So keeping in mind that I didn't post anything green on Monday, I figured I would do it today. The dress is actually mint and blue, which I absolutely love as a color combination. I would have never thought of putting it together though. I remember my mom always telling me: "Blue and green should not be seen, unless it's in the washing machine." I'm not really sure where that came from, but it's one of those things that always stuck with me.


This cardigan is getting a butt load of use, let me tell you. One of the best and most practical purchases I've made in awhile. The belt was really great...at first. Each time I wear it, it seems to get loose over the span of the day and just sort of just pops off. It's only got one belt peg rather than two, which I think is the problem. Sure enough, it popped open after I ate lunch, which seems to be a common theme with me and clothing. Least it didn't happen in front of a bunch of people like the last time.


I'm really glad I decided to splurge and buy these shoes last summer. I really like them and they're quite comfortable. I'll be honest though, I'm not quite sure how well they worked with this outfit. I think if I wasn't wearing tights, it wouldn't seem too bad. Maybe it's the strap from the shoes, or maybe it's just me. Ah well, they can't all be winners, right? I think I'm still in the process of learning what works and what doesn't. I have to say that it was only in the last, I think 5 years, that I really started getting into clothes. I've got a lot of catching up to do.


Blue polka dot cardigan: Forever 21
Blue and mint stripe dress: Gap
Blue bow belt: Anthropologie
Blue tights: Old
Mint shoes: Bait footwear

~Sarah

1 comment: