Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stripes and Dots


Two posts in the same week? Whaaaaaaat?  With Valentines day tomorrow, I've been wracking my brain over what to wear to work just because I have now become one of those people who dresses up for holidays. I never in a million years thought that I would be that kind of person. I've got ideas but I'm not sure how it'll turn out. If successful, then expect another post. I don't have any actual Valentines day plans since Dave works, but because I've been feeling very anxious over this past week (like panic attack levels) I decided a nice night in would be perfect. Season 5 of Supernatural isn't going to watch itself after all. We're going to go out on the Saturday to see the Lego Movie and have sushi, so I'm excited for the weekend.

This dress is from Mod Cloth and I got when they were having their super sale. I was hesitant to buy it at first since the reviews indicated it was quite short. I decided to take a chance with it anyways. I do find it on the short side for sure, but with tights, this isn't a problem. I'm a bit under 5'7, so not ridiculously tall or anything, but the length combined with the weight of the fabric would make it terrible on a windy day, so I don't think I would wear this without tights. It is obviously a summer dress based on the fabric, which is a very light and unlined but I think it's totally wearable on a milder fall/winter day as well. As you can see blow, it wrinkles quite a bit too, but it's not the end of the world. A friend has already called dibs on this dress, so I guess I have to make sure I don't damage or shrink it since she's already made her claim on it.


But the bonus part of this dress? POCKETS! I still don't know why this isn't standard in dresses.


It was a friends birthday today, so a bunch of us decided to take him out to lunch.  During the meal, it was pointed out that I wear a lot of polka dots and that a friend of mine thought of me and how proud I would be of her, when purchasing  her first polka dot cardigan. *single tear* I'm so proud! I think it's just a cute and easy pattern to work with, quite frankly. It seems works with stripes, which I have a lot of, so it's got that going for it.


I realize that this outfit is all blue, but I think the white and different patterns makes it interesting. I feel if I'm going to have a monochromatic outfit, I need to mix it up a bit.


Blue stripe dress: Mod Cloth
Blue polka dot cardigan: Forever 21
Blue tights: Old
Blue wedges: Payless

~Sarah

3 comments: