Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Keys



Another day, another outfit. I've been feeling pretty run down over the past few days and think I might be coming down with something. Hopefully I can fight it off before it turns into a real cold. I started doing some over time at work as well and now would be a crappy time to get sick. Ah well, you do what you can.

So I was going for comfort today and this cardigan does the trick. It's got sparkly elbow patches, which I tried to take a photo of but they kept coming out super blurry. You'll just have to take my word for it. You know when you like something a lot, and then someone makes a random comment about it and then you can't un-see it? This cardigan is a prime example of that. I was super excited when I wore it the first time, since I was on an elbow patch kick. The patches on this sweater are made of sequins and are sort of dusty rose color and I thought it was really pretty. Dave being Dave though, said it looked like I had two giant scabs on my elbows. Now I can't stop seeing scabs every time I wear this cardigan. He didn't totally ruin it for me though since I clearly still wear it, and it's really comfy and stretchy.

The dress was purchased last spring and I've gotten a lot of use out of it, I just never bothered to photograph it until now. As you can see it's got keys all over it.


The issue I've come to realize is that almost all of my clothing has prints on it. Every once in awhile I try to mix them up a bit. Sometimes subtly like today with the plaid scarf, or like the stripes and polka dot post I made recently. Usually I try to stick to the same color pallets if I'm going to mix and match. I'm a little bit hesitant to go over the top and bold though, and I'm always envious of those who manage to pull it off so successfully.


I can also safely say that I think I might be done with winter this year. I really can't wait for it get warmer again.  I'm sick of walking around in my giant winter boots and having to pile on the layers to keep warm outside, only to start sweating profusely once indoors. Plus, you know, I bought a bunch of dresses I'm looking forward to wearing. Woo!


Plaid scarf: H&M
Pink cardigan: Old Navy
Blue key print dress: Old Navy
Blue tights: old, can't remember
Blue sparkle shoes: Toms

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment