Friday, January 10, 2014

Sparkles



It's been a hectic first week back at work and I'm glad it's over with. I'm already looking forward to the next bit of time off. I've also already managed to catch my first cold of the year, yaaaay...

I had a  bit of a rough start to the day. I woke up quite sick, so I decided to take a few cold pills to try and make it through the day. I really try to avoid taking cold medication if I can, because even the daytime stuff still makes me extra groggy and I always feel like a zombie. I made myself a quick breakfast and ended up choking on my granola and having a terrible coughing fit for about 10 minutes. You know that bit at the bottom of the cereal box that's pretty much just dust and crumbs? I managed to choke on that. After that,  while I was struggling to take out the trash,  I tripped over my garbage can lid and face planted right into a wall. All this and it wasn't even 8 am. The rest of the day, while not terrible, wasn't great either. At least it's Friday and I have the whole weekend to try and feel better.

So clothes wise,I wanted something super comfortable, since I was clearly having a not so great day. I dunno what it is about wearing a tuque when you have a cold that's so comforting. All of the elements of this outfit are fairly basic, but I still tried to make it a bit special. I didn't have any appointments today so I didn't feel the need to try and look all spiffy, but I also can't rule out someone just stopping by either. The shoes are super sparkly and the top has little gold polka dots all over it. Just because I feel like crap doesn't mean I have to look it.

I'm keeping it a short post because I just really want to have a bowl of soup and then sleep it off. Not the best start to the new year but I've had worse.

Red hat:  Old
Peter pan top: Target (Buy it here)
Yellow cardigan: Joe Fresh
Jeans: Forever 21
Sparkle loafers: Old

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment