Monday, January 13, 2014

Oranges


Happy Monday! Today started off sort of crappy but eventually ended up being not to bad. I'm still fighting off the last bit of my cold. Hopefully it won't get worse, but I  did get to spend the entire weekend resting up and watching the first season of Supernatural. I had no idea how good that show is, at least the first season is anyways.

So this orange dress has been in a previous post, and as I mentioned, I have a really hard time pairing it with stuff. I can easily just wear it on it's own but I wanted to try something a bit different. Also, while unseasonably mild, it's still January so warmth was important. I decided to try and pair it with an orange checkered shirt that I've had for awhile now. I don't wear it super often because it gapes a bit at some of the buttons. I usually wear it under stuff  like sweaters or cardigans as a layering piece. I never thought to try it with this dress, but it made sense since it's pretty much the same color. I think it worked out pretty well. I got a lot of comments on it at work, which were all positive. It's also nice to get in a bit of color during the drab winter months.

So for my hair, I'm using one of those bun donuts you see everywhere. I had owned one before but it ended up falling in the toilet. That's a fairly standard rule for me; if it falls in, it's done. Anyways, I was having trouble finding one that wasn't huge, since I don't have enough hair to cover the giant donuts. I found a small one at H&M for a few bucks that works much better than my previous one. The joys of having thin hair. Ah well, not impossible to style, just requires a little bit more effort.


Orange dress: Old Navy
Orange checkered shirt: Old Navy
Black bow belt: Talbots
Tights: Target
Orange shoes: Bait footwear

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment