Monday, January 6, 2014

Boats



First post of the new year and first day back at work after a much needed rest. I've been wearing sweat pants for  most of my vacation and it was great, but it's also nice to get back in to the swing of things outfit wise. Besides, I hop into PJ's fairly quickly once I get home anyways.

I decided to take this semester off from school since the last month has been overwhelming with both work and personal stuff that hasn't completely died down yet. I had to think about if I would have the time to really devote to a course this term and figured maybe the break for a few months would be what I need to let things settle down a little. I am a bit disappointed in myself since I was aiming to take at least 1 course a semester, but I also know myself well enough to realize when I might have a bit too much on my plate. It's already taken me almost 10 years to chip away at a degree, whats a few more months?

So for this outfit, was the results of some boxing day sales hunting. The skirt and sweaters were both on sale by a significant amount so I'm pleased that I didn't spend much. I have pointed out before that I am big into the nautical theme and though this would be a good example of that, while still keeping me warm. It was much nicer today than it has been in awhile since last week was getting to around -30C with the wind, so I figured I could get away with a skirt. I'm not sure if I will be able to still do so over the next few days. The skirt was a steal from 60$ to 9$ and the sweater was only 15 bucks. Good haul if I do say so myself. The next few outfits will probably include more items that I found on sale over my vacation.


Blue boat sweater: Old Navy (Buy it here)
Blue and black skirt: Gap (Buy it here)
Black tights: old, can't remember
Orange wingtips: Bait footwear (Buy it here)

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment