Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Primary colors


I hope everyone is having an awesome New Years eve. I was originally going to go to a party, but for the first time in awhile, Dave finishes work at a reasonable hour; before midnight. We're hoping to do the classic dinner and a movie outing. Not that I don't love watching Doctor Who or Once Upon a Time in our PJ's, but it's a nice change to actually go out since I'm usually the one who doesn't like going anywhere. I love staying at home, given the chance, since working 9 to 5 and going to school can be exhausting.

This was the outfit I had planned for this evening, but that quickly changed when I went outside to walk the dog. Needless to say, I am now wearing very warm and very thick pants. Kind of bummed out, but still really looking forward to a nice night out.  This outfit was actually quite inexpensive as far as the individual pieces go and I hadn't really thought about pairing them all together since they were all pretty bright. I usually need some black in there to break it up a bit, which would have been tights. However, not even my fleece tights could keep me warm out there today. Every once in awhile, I seem to forget that I live in Canada. Anyways, point being, the individual items aren't covered with crazy patterns or anything, so I think it worked out just fine since the primary colors make it interesting enough.

I manged to get some really great deals during the boxing day sales that were going on, and can't wait to start working with some of the new items I got and for dirt cheap. I got a skirt that was originally 60 bucks plus tax for 8$. You just have to be willing to fight the crowds to get them. I also got once of those memory foam kitchen mats for in front of my sink so my feet don't hurt when I do the dishes. I got really excited about that, more than I ever thought I would. Dave says it's because I'm getting older; I say, I just love comfort.

Also, big thanks to Dave for cutting my hair last night. I can't cut my bangs to save my life, so he ends up doing it for me when they get to be too long, or when I can't get to my friend Alison,who cuts them for me at work. (During breaks of course) I had forgotten though, or rather wasn't paying attention to the fact that he was drinking wine when I asked him to cut them. Even when slightly intoxicated, he still does a better job than I ever could :)


Blue polka dot cardigan: Forever 21
Red t-shirt: Old Navy
Red bow belt: H&M
Yellow skirt: Banana Republic
Red shoes: Toms

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment