Monday, December 2, 2013

Color Blocks



The last couple of days have been really productive on the shopping front, what with all the sales going on. As I had mentioned in my last post, I managed to snag a dress from Banana Republic for a fraction of it's original price. The fabric had a bit more of a sheen than I was expecting, but I put it on and it fit a lot better than I had hoped. No pockets this time around but it has those little snaps with the threads sewn into the straps of the dress for your bra. This is another  one of those things where I don't understand why it isn't standard with clothing. It's the little things that make all the difference, especially if you're paying full price for a dress like this, which was going for around 185 plus tax.

I'm waiting for another purchase from Mod Cloth since they were having a huge sale. I missed out on some of the good deals, like a dress that was covered in cupcakes, but I still managed to get some goodies.I also bought one of those random 15$ purchases. I got a really nice dress out of it, but since it was strapless, I gave it to a co-worker. When I try on strapless dresses I always take into consideration if I could maybe have straps added. This dress had a lot of extra fabric I could work with but because of the boning and whatnot it would have just looked odd. Oh well.

I'm struggling to work on my exam right now since I have so much to do around the house and for the holidays. It seems like anything is an excuse to not work on it. I went Christmas shopping, we had to put up the tree, stuff like that. I would  much rather cook and clean then work on a paper. I'm even writing this instead of doing it...sigh. I think I might be in a need of a bit of a break but luckily I have 2 and half weeks off from work for the holidays. It'll give me a chance to catch up on all that sweet gaming I've been missing out on.

This is a short post because I am clearly procrastinating and should get back to work.

Orange and pink dress: Banana Republic
Black cardigan: H&M
Black bow belt: Talbots
Cat shoes: Call It Spring

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this dress!! Gorgeous. Pink & orange are my favourite colours! :)

    ReplyDelete