Friday, October 4, 2013

Patches



Today was one of the first days it started to feel a bit like fall. There was just the right amount of nip in the air that I love. I don't want to say that I hate summer, but I'm one of those people who prefers that in-between weather, where it's not too hot and not too cold. Plus this time of year means everything is pumpkin and cinnamon flavored.

This past week was a bit overwhelming in terms of work and with the added stress of school assignments looming over me (stupid oral presentation) I am in need of a break. Fortunately, Thanksgiving is just around the corner which means a long weekend. Also I'm not going to lie, the anticipation of a new Pokemon game has me really excited. I played Red and Blue back when I was in high school and was instantly hooked. I owned a lot of Pokemon paraphernalia, t-shirts and the card set (including a foil Charizard) and even did a school presentation on it.  However, after Silver and Gold, I sort of lost interest in the games. It's not that I didn't play them, but the level of dedication to being the best Pokemon Master wasn't there anymore. I then played Black and White; it was like I was 15 years old again.  I even started creeping around my local EB games getting event Pokemon via their Wi-Fi. You know, when you don't want to look suspicious by wandering around their store, so you stand outside trying to get a signal; that just draws the attention of mall security. There's a heck of lot more Pokemon since I really played the game thoroughly. I can't wait for the jump to 3D.

So for the clothes, the skirt was a purchase last winter at Anthropologie when they were having a HUGE sale, so it was quite inexpensive. It's got some corduroy and some quilt patches, which makes up one of the pockets. My only concern was trying to pair it with a shirt. I got this sweater at Forever 21 about a month ago with this skirt in mind and thought it would work well. I like foxes, and I am instantly drawn to clothes with a print, so win/win. I'm pretty happy with the result of this pairing.

Patch skirt: Anthropologie-20$
Brown belt: Ardene-old
Fox sweater: Forever 21- 22$
Black tights: Joe Fresh-3$
Bronze shoes:Toms- old

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment