Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Umbrellas



Ah yes, rainy days. Always messing up my hair with your stupid moisture.  There is no point in styling my hair when it's that odd misty rain that doesn't merit an umbrella but you get sort of damp and you're all "how did that friggin' happen???" I hate that sort of rain, but I will gladly take it over a torrential downpour.

This dress was on sale at Mod Cloth for a bit, so I'm glad I managed to get it when I did. It was a little bit bigger than I would have expected, and it's a bit of a deep v. That's alright though, since I just wear it with a camisole underneath, or as I did today, with a cardigan. It's quite comfortable and I think it will transition well to fall. It's not a terribly thick material so I don't know if this will be a year round article of clothing. Guess I'll have to wait and see. I didn't wear my rain boots all day, but I thought they matched rather nicely with the rest of my outfit and I took this picture after walking my dog Tengen. (Who is the best dog ever by the way)
Look at that face! Gah!!!! I love her to bits.

Also, new glasses! Wooo! I was getting massive headaches over the past couple of months, and after a trip to the doctors for some blood tests to rule out any  serious health issues, I decided to head over to the eye doctors. I've had them for less than a week and it's already made the difference. I was told I look like a hipster by some friends, but they aren't that much different from my old ones and I can see again, which is all that really matters.

I got to go apple picking over the weekend with some friends, which was really fun. I now have to come up with ways to use all these apples. I like them and all, but it's not like they're my go to fruit. I already made a pie and I keep bring them to work with me for my lunch. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about how to use them in baking, let me know. I like baking and whatnot, but I'm not exactly good at it so  I need something easy I can make. Dave was supposed to make turnovers but I think he forgot again, so I might give it a shot tomorrow after work. I don't know if it'll be difficult, but the pastry is already pre-made, which I imagine is the hard part.

Black cropped cardigan: Old Navy- 15$
Black leggings: Joe Fresh-Old
Umbrella dress: ModCloth- 44.99$
Red rain boots: Mel- 20$

~Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment