Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Galaxies



Ok so, this outfit managed to get some attention at both work and school: All of which was positive. It is bright, that's for sure. I was hesitant about trying this out for work, but since I didn't have any meetings, I figured I would give it a shot.

I have seen a lot of space themed clothing online and in stores, and I wasn't sure if it was for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about trying new clothing ideas but for the most part I can tell right off the bat if something is not going to work on me. I had tried this dress on several times before I decided to buy it;on sale of course. There was a lot of: "I dunno if I can pull this off" in the dressing room. Even once it was in my closet, I was trying to figure out how or where I was going to wear this dress. The fabric is a bit static-y and it's unlined.  I figured by pairing it up with a black cardigan and leggings, it might break up the intensity of the colors and pattern. I started out with black shoes, but then decided I might as well take a bit of a risk and pair it with equally bright shoes.

These shoes are incredibly comfy and it was another one of those situations of figuring out how badly I wanted something.They came out last Fall/Winter and I waited for what seemed like an eternity for them to go on sale. It just never happened. I decided to bite the bullet and fork out the money for them. My rule of thumb is, unless it's a winter boot or some kind of like proper running shoe (so your knees don't get mangled), I can't justify spending more than 60 bucks on a pair of shoes. I have wavered on this very few times. These shoes are one of those times; Oh the shame. Since I did fork out what I deem to be "the mad cash" on these suckers, I try to wear them as much as I can to justify buying them. Even after all that, I still used a coupon to at least cover the taxes. Obviously after awhile, they were about half the price, but I regret nothing.


Space dress: Forever 21- 13.99$ *Woo!* (Buy it here)
Black cardigan: H&M-19.95$ (Buy it here)
Black leggings: Joe Fresh-old
Blue suede shoes: DV by Dolce Vita-old

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Very cute outfit! Love the pop of bright blue in the shoes, and the dress is great.

    ReplyDelete