Monday, September 16, 2013

Animations


Montreal had their Comic convention this weekend, so a group of friends and I decided to go. I go every year since Fan Expo (in Toronto) got a little too expensive and a little too crowded for my taste. Montreal's convention is still big and whatnot, but it's easy to get to by comparison and that alone makes the difference, especially in price. I got to check out the Battlestar Galactica panel, since a friend wanted to check it out, plus there were chairs; conventions are murder on the feet.  I'll admit, I have never watched an episode of BSG, but Tahmoh Penikett was on the panel, and I really loved Dollhouse (which he was also in). It was really fascinating, and Edward James Olmos seemed like he was genuinely glad to be there. It's always nice when the guests at conventions seem to like being there. Makes it more fun.

I managed to pick up some cool stuff, including an awesome Luna t-shirt. The shirt I'm wearing is actually a shirt I got last year at the convention. I love Futurama with a passion and I'm really bummed out it got canceled...again. I guess I should be thankful that it was brought back in the first place. Reincarnation was one of my favorite episodes of the newer seasons so when I saw the old timey Fry and Bender shirt, I was for sure going to leave with it.

The jeans by the way, are by far the most comfortable jeans I have ever in owned in the history of EVER. And they were less than 10 bucks! I might have to go back to get more. I always have a hard time shopping at Forever 21. I float between their regular and plus sized clothes, depending on what it is. Plus, their stores are always so big, I get overwhelmed quite fast. However, if you're willing to make the effort to rummage in the most chaotic store known to man, it can be worth it.

All in all, a great weekend.

Mustard yellow cardigan: Joe Fresh~19$
Futurama t-shirt: ComicCon~20$
Jeans: Forever 21~7.80$
Blue shoes: Toms~65$

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment