Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Yellows


I had worn this dress in a previous post, but I thought I'd give it another go since the top half of it was sort of covered in the last one. As you can see, it's got some chevron going on on top. I never really used to wear yellow, other than a mustard cardigan I practically lived in. It recently fell apart after it got snagged quite badly in the dryer. Needless to say, I was super pissed. Anyways, I decided to try yellows out in different shades. It's an easy way to feel summery.

The shoes are a slightly different shade from the dress and are pointy. You can't really tell because my dogs butt is covering them. She sometimes refuses to move for these photos, but it's the only part of my apartment with AC, so I can't say I blame her.

Now on to the hair. So as I had mentioned before, I have incredibly weak, thin and brittle hair. I have lost a lot of it over the years, in part to my carelessness, but also because I suffer from female pattern baldness. First off, I didn't realize that was a thing that women had to deal with, but my dermatologist set me straight on that one. Anyways, because of this, it's sort of hard to style my hair. Anything that requires back combing isn't really the best choice. I mean I do it once in awhile, but I'm always looking for alternatives. What I found works quite well for a bit of a bouffant, is this little foam pad with Velcro around it.I got it at H&M for a couple of bucks and kind of looks like a falsie.  I must have been living under a rock or something because I'm sure this has been around for quite some time. It's amazing and works quite well with thin hair. I managed to cover the entire thing with my hair, although it did take a few tries. I've had the some problems with the sock bun/hair donuts, where it doesn't quite cover them completely. So point being, if you have thin hair and/or don't want to back comb, this little doodad will do the trick for a bump.

Yellow and white dress: Jacob-39.96$ (Buy it here)
White belt: Old Navy-12.00$ (Buy it here)
Yellow shoes: Ardene-14.50$ (Buy it here)

~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. ...I am totally going to go buy one of those hair things. I love love love your blog, Sarah! I check it every single day hoping that you'll have posted. You look fantastic, and I like your straightforward, encouraging writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you. I have to admit that writing has always been a bit of a challenge for me, so I really appreciate that. While I can't post everyday, I am going to make the effort to post more often.

      Delete