Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pineapples


Another hot day, another dress.  I'm trying to wear as many dresses as possible this month, since I have so many (around 20 or so.) There is a reason why in the last couple of years, I started going dress crazy. I was never really able to wear them when I was younger, simply because of the way things fit. Trying to get a dress to fit one part like my chest, meant the rest of it would be huge. Having it fit my waist perfectly and not being able to get the zipper past a certain point happened a lot as well. I spent many a time in changing rooms incredibly frustrated about this. Feeling defeated, I gave up and ended wearing a lot of pants, or when I felt fancy, a shirt/skirt combo. Going to something like a wedding or a Christmas party was the bane of my existence. After a really long time I decided maybe I would try again. I must have been looking in the wrong place or trying on the wrong kind of styles, because since then I have found so many dresses that not only fit, but fit WELL. Some will still look terrible, or won't zip up but I'm glad that I decided to give it another shot.

This particular dress is super comfortable and has got a bit of a stretch to it. The back has a bit of a cut out, so I paired it with a very thin cardigan to still keep cool while I was at work. This dress is a tad short but I tried it with leggings as well and it worked fine, and I didn't overheat in this 30c+ weather. It's very similar to one that was available on Mod Cloth (here) which is no longer available. I'm not sure how much it was going for but I manged to find this dress( which I'm pretty sure is made of the same fabric because the print looks exactly the same) for a decent price. I can't say no to a print :)

Pineapple Dress: Twik-38$
Cream Cardigan: Joe Fresh- (old) 5$ on sale
Green Flats: Wal-Mart- 12$

~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love that dress! Super cute. I have the same issue, of my chest being so large, and many times not being able to zip a dress over my chest. I understand how frustrating that is! But, I am very into dresses now, like you are. I also have over 20. I love them! I wear them to work every day in the summer. I'm very lucky that my mom is an excellent seamstress, and will take in my dresses at the waist for me- if I need it.

    ~Bristol
    colourmebristol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to learn how to sew so that I can try to alter them if need be. I'm getting a bit better at it, but in the meantime I just take them to tailors.

      Delete