Friday, July 12, 2013

Lemon and Mint



It's been a long week at work so in an attempt to cheer myself up, I thought I would wear something bright and summery. Yellow it is! It did help a bit and since I finish work early on Fridays during the summer, I decided to look for some new sunglasses. I have to wear glasses all the time, but I have never bothered to invest in a pair of prescription sunglasses. I lose them frequently, so I never want to spend more than 20$ on a pair. I hit up my local Winners (it's the Canadian TJ Maxx) and was on the hunt. I found a wonderful pair of purple Kate Spade sunglasses, but at 70$ I could not justify spending that much. I settled for a nice white and brown pair from Steve Madden for 15 bucks. I figured it would be more practical in terms of them matching outfits, as well as on my wallet.

I'm a big fan of Jacob as a clothing store. Over the past few years they have really started carrying a lot of nice things at affordable prices, or least affordable when they're on sale. The dress was originally 100$ which I thought was a bit much. It's now on sale for 40$. I'm a sucker for stripes, but I don't own much yellow, so I thought this would be a nice addition to my ever growing dress collection. It's made of a nice cotton and it's lined, so I don't have to worry about it being see-through. The length makes it work appropriate and I got a lot of compliments on it. A wise purchase if I do say so myself.

Yellow and white dress: Jacob- 39.96$ (Buy it here)
Mint and yellow VW cardigan: Anthropologie- 49.97$ (Buy it here)
Mint shoes: Bait Footwear- 70$ (Buy it here) or (here)

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment