Sunday, July 14, 2013

Boats


Just another dress for a hot summer day. We had a couple of friends over for a little BBQ yesterday and this dress seemed to scream "Weekend!" I love nautical themed clothing although I don't do well with water. This dress makes me feel like I might be able to be on a boat and not freak out about it.

I was hesitant to buy this halter dress, but my friends insisted that I get it. I only have one convertible  bra I could wear with it, since going bra-less is not an option, and it's not very comfortable. I imagine most convertible undergarments are meant to be used as means of torture, regardless of what size you are. Sure enough after about half the day went by, it started to dig in the back of my neck. This is obviously not an issue with the dress, but I'm thinking about converting the neck tie bits into actual straps so I can wear it a bit more comfortably. I would be able to wear it at work that way too. My office is pretty lax when it comes to dress codes (people have shown up in pjs) but I'm not sure a halter dress without some kind of cover up is acceptable. Anyways, point being: great dress, crappy bra. The sun glasses are the ones I mentioned in my previous post. I keep thinking about those damn Kate Spade sunglasses though. Curse you Winners!

Nautical halter dress: Anthropologie- 49.95$ (Buy it here)
White sunglasses: Steve Madden-14.99$
Red glitter shoes: Toms-39.99$ (Buy it here)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute dress! Looks great. I have the same issue with bras, ha! I don't have any decent strapless/convertible bra. I haven't looked for one in awhile, since I never had any luck before. It's frustrating!

    ~Bristol
    colourmebristol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete