Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sparkles


So I have to admit that my hair is a sensitive issue. I had actually been coloring it since I was in my teens, usually just black; not anything over the top. When I hit my 20's though, I went all out. Pink was my color of choice but I had done pretty much every color I could get my hands on. The problem with this is all the bleaching I had done, consistently, for at least 5 years. I realized I had to stop when I noticed I was going bald from it. I never thought much of it, figuring that it would just grow back after I gave my hair a long enough break. Well it turns out that wasn't the case, as I was told that due to the wonderful world of genetics and years of bad dye jobs, that a long break wasn't going to be enough.

In order to cover the thinning areas on my head, I got me some blunt bangs. Needless to say I have not seen my forehead in years. Today, I just decided, maybe on a whim, maybe because I woke up late and didn't have time to meticulously style my bangs, that I would just let my hair do it's natural thing ( I clearly have curly, often frizzy hair), and pin the bangs to the side. The reaction I got was surprising to say the least, with some people not even recognizing me. All it took was 4 bobby pins, go figure. I think it's a sign that I need to change up the hair styles every once in awhile.

On to the clothes: This cardigan is by far one of my most favorite recent purchases. It's so embellished that I really don't need to do much else with the rest of the outfit. Also, when I stand near a window I pretty much blind people with all the beading and sequins. So it's both flashy and defensive :) I figured I could pair this with my black sequined Toms that I got last summer, to go with some of the sparkle from the top half. I have a lot of Toms but these ones are by far my favorite.

Blue peacock cardigan: Anthropologie 49.95$ *on sale* (no longer available on the website but I'm sure you can still find it in store, and probably cheaper too.)
White ribbed tank top: Old Navy (old)
Black pants: H&M (old)
Black sequined shoes: Toms  (old) 39.99$ *on sale*

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment