Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pastels


For years I steered clear of color, especially light ones, on my top half. I think it's pretty obvious based on the photos, but I'm quite large in the bust. I used to do the best I could to minimize it, which involved a lot of black and dark colors. Over the last little bit, I've branched out and started to wear a bit more color, and I'm glad I did. I kind of feel like I've been missing out all these years.

So this top has received mix reviews from some of my friends. Some love it, other have told me the print reminds them of hospital scrubs. I saw the dress version of this shirt first and was instantly drawn to it. However, Yumi brand clothing is not always made very big or with much stretch, so the dress was a no go. I couldn't get it to zip up because of my bust and was afraid I was going to break the zipper. When I saw the top made with the same fabric, I was super excited. Not only because it fit, but because the shirt was way cheaper than the dress. The shoes were a splurge. I will buy shoes at the drop of a hat but they have to be really nice and practical if I'm going to spend more than 50 bucks on a shoe. The exception to this rule is winter boots. I was looking at them for awhile on Mod Cloth but since I'm in Canada, I'm always hesitant with buying things from American retailers, mostly because shipping and returns are a bitch. I decided to hold off until I manged to find them at a Canadian retailer, which I did!

Multicolored shirt: Yumi 55$ (Buy it here) or (Here)
Pale yellow cardigan: Joe Fresh 19$
Black pants: H&M (old)
Mint t-strap shoes: B.A.I.T. Footwear 70$ (Buy it here) or (Here)

~Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this shirt! I have this print in a dress. It's so great. Very cute outfit! :)

    ~Bristol
    colourmebristol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Hazzah! You're my first follower!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. Ha, yay for that! :)

      Delete
  2. I actually really love the print; it feels like a painting! And bright colours suit you so well. I think it works extra well on you because of your dark hair; colours pop against it so nicely.

    ReplyDelete