Monday, June 3, 2013

Apples and Pears



Like most people out there, I have some issues when it comes to sizing. Sometimes clothes just don't fit you in the right spots. I have always wanted to learn how to sew, mostly because I thought it could save me some money, but also I would be able to make stuff that fits me specifically.

A friend of mine came over during the weekend to teach me the basics. We hit up our local fabric store and went to town. I chose a basic circle skirt that required limited skill to make. That being said, she did help me with most of this project but I learned a lot. My goal is to make one without her help to see if I was paying attention. I chose this fabric because I love a busy print and it had apples on it. I have this thing for prints with fruit, so this fabric had a lot going for it. They had one with potatoes too but I thought that was a bit much; maybe next time when I'm feeling more rustic. All in all, I am extremely happy with how this came out and I'm looking forward to trying to make more clothing in the future. I got a lot of compliments on it too, which helps with the motivation.

Apple and pear skirt: Hand made
Cream peter pan collar cardigan: Onze 34.99$ (Buy it here)
Brown Belt: Ardene  (old) 9.50$
Green Wedges: B.A.I.T. Footware 39.98 *still on sale* (Buy it here)

~Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I love it; you should make more

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute skirt!!

    ~Bristol
    colourmebristol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Can you make me one? It's gorgeous! And so summery :)

    ReplyDelete